MEMORIZING IT

 If there was any subject I use to memorize without bothering to understand, it was French. The teachers were always strict and unfriendly in class. I only needed to memorize enough to write a test or exams and the rest of the notes were for records sake just incase the teachers inspected it.

Why should we have a bible? Why should we read a bible and why should we memorize it? The bible is no ordinary book, it contains the words of the almighty God, the events of creation, the experiences some men shared with God and the revelation of the future. 

We should have a bible because it is a guide from the creator of our world for our survival. We should read it because we need to know the one true God who made life possible for us. We should memorize it because the words are God Himself and they would keep us from sinning against Him.

Some bible verses would communicate your feelings, some would strengthen you, others would aid you in decision making, others would help you battle your problems etc there are so many benefits of reading and memorizing the word. 

You would need to give it a try and have your own experience. I watched a video of a kid reading some verses from memory; she looked so calm as she recited the word. Right then, I tried to count the bible verses I could say from memory; sincerely it is a handful. 

The verses I have memorized are the few I have read and found relatable but there are many I stories I am familiar with so whenever I encounter such situations I remember the decisions taken and put to good use. 

If knowledge from books can help us build a career, imagine what wisdom from the bible can do. Make it a habit of reading and you would marvel the things you would discover.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FADE AWAY

WHY WORRY