DENIAL

Peter denied Jesus three times even after being told of what was about to happen. Not in a million years would I have expected Peter to be the rock upon which Christ would establish His church. Peter returned to fishing after the death of Christ, what would you have done? Denying Jesus Christ three times right infront of Him, guilt and shame would torment me forever. Jesus Christ went searching for Peter when He was resurrected from the dead. Finding Peter devastated, He assist him in getting a bountiFUL. catch; right then they knew it had to be Jesus Christ. After the catch they dined, Jesus Christ asked Peter on three counts if he loved Him. John 21:15-17"When they had finished breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, 'Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?' Peter said to Him, "Yes, Lord; you know that I Love you.' Jesus said to Him, 'Feed my lambs'"He said to him a second time, 'Simon, son of John, do you love me?" Peter said to him, 'Yes, Lord; you know that I love you.' He said to him, "Tend my sheep'. "Jesus said to Peter the third time, 'Simon, son of John, do you love me?' And he said to him, 'Lord you know everything; you know that I love you.' Jesus said to him, 'Feed my sheep".The harm was reversed! The legal ground upon which the accuser could have operated was neutralised! The sin which could have condemned Peter had been forgiven. On three counts he denied Jesus Christ and on three counts did he profess his love for Jesus ChrisT.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FADE AWAY

WHY WORRY